What year was the Leaf and which model was the EVSE?

There were some reported compatibility issues with certain EVSEs and early
Leaf years (2011-2012) with older Leaf software, specifically when used in
combination with a GE WattStation:

https://www.hybridcars.com/ge-wattstation-vindicated-nissan-accepts-blame-leaf-charging-problems-49171/