For other devices that charge wirelessly, check out Witricity.com.  I used to work for a competitor of theirs....

Cheers, Peter

On 10/3/19 11:57 AM, brucedp5 via EV wrote:

Last Tuesday when I swung by to check-out the new
San Antonio SuperEVSE ...
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVangel-about-San-Antonio-TX-Tesla-Supercharger-site-Watt-me-worry-tp4695295.html
EVangel-about: San_Antonio-TX Tesla Supercharger site ... (Watt-me-worry)

Just before I ended my chat with the Tesla EV drivers, a
white pick-up truck (ice) pulled up in front of the visiting
San_Diego Tesla-3 EV (it had vendor/contractor markings like
it worked for the city, looking similar to
https://s.hdnux.com/photos/71/35/45/15063406/3/1024x1024.jpg
)

With the truck driver's his arm stretched out as to point to the Tesla
EVs, the truck driver yelled out asking 'You heard about the Tesla
police car that couldn't do a high speed chase ...

The two EV drivers were take back from responding, but
since I had already posted this:
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/Change-PD-policy2-80SOC-shift-beginning-Tesla-Pursuit-cut-short-tp4695194.html

I quickly yelled back, 'I know all about this ... The
problem wasn't the Tesla.
It was the officers not plugging it in (I wanted to
elaborate like, 'You know, you don't go out on a job
when you need to fill your truck's tank first' ... but I could
see I'd lose his short-attention-span, so I didn't).

I did end the answer with a cell phone analogy he likely
could have related to. I said, 'There is a way to not have
to plug it in.' Pointing to the Tesla-3 EV's hood, 'You
can mount a device, so that when you park your car, it
charges automatically from underneath,
https://www.google.com/search?q=wireless+charging+tesla
  like the way a phone wirelessly charges.
https://www.powermat.com/technology/compatible-phones/

The guy sort of understood that, but his face still wanted
to continue the 'EVs don't work' attitude his hate-talk-radio
program had spewed. He pulled his arm in, about to leave
saying, 'So, they didn't plugin it in' ...
  (It seemed he got the message that the humans have to
do their part).

At least this was a better statement (more the truth) than
back in the 1990-2000's when automakers were pushing
hybrids (hevs) saying 'you never need to plug them in'.
The truck driver could have said, 'You still have-to
plug them in ...'.
After 30 years, perhaps that is a little progress from way
back then.

IMO, this newsitem was spread too far and wide
https://www.google.com/search?q=Fremont+Police+Department+tesla
  to not be the work of the anti-EV koch-kool-aid machine.

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/09/29/fremont-police-department-pushes-back-about-tesla-low-battery-fud/
A push-back news item  ... loosely translated says,
  “Can everyone please calm down?” ...

Anyone wanting to suggest to Fremont PD to use wireless charging
to offset officers not plugging in, and since it is an 85 to change PD
policy to not take it out unless it is 80% charged (80%SOC) can
find their pr person contact info on
https://www.fremontpolice.org/index.aspx?NID=170

https://www.pluglesspower.com/learn/wireless-ev-charging-works-tesla-model-s/
https://www.google.com/search?q=inductive+charging+tesla