mark hanson via EV wrote:
I’ve heard of the bloated/pricy Cyber Truck and Rivian but does *anyone*
plan to make a small EV truck, like a old 4-cyl size Ford Ranger, Chevy S10
or Toyota?  My 99’ Ford Ranger (4-cyl 5-spd) is probably not going to last
much longer & need a ½ tom payload, about 2K lbs towing capacity (tow my
1600 lb alum boat+trailer)

I'm with you, Mark. I have a 2010 Chevy Colorado (basically an S-10 face-lift). It was the last year GM made a small pickup. I love it. Small, easy to drive and park, gets 28-30 mpg, has a 6' bed, can tow 3500 lbs and carry 1350 lbs. But it's now 10 years old and 110k miles; so it too will out sooner rather than later.

Near as I can tell, *nobody* makes small pickups any more. After a couple year hiatus, the "new improved" Colorado is yet another big heavy 15 mpg truck, with bloated luxury cab and tiny bed.

Personally, I would love to have a hybrid pickup. I could use ICE for long trips, and EV for around-town (90% of what I need). But I have a feeling I'd have to build it myself, by finding an old but low-mileage S10 or Ford Ranger as a donor vehicle.

Lee Hart

--
If happiness is on your mind, here's a daily list to find:
        - something to do