I haven't watched either "Planet of the Humans" nor read "Why renewables can't save the planet." Are they worth it ? In other words, do they present thought provoking ideas or are they just a rehash of what many people know ?

My opinion: nothing can save the planet unless we stop increasing population and, preferably, shrink it. Even with the best energy sources, even if we were to harvest it from space or fusion, too many people will stress everything else - space, agriculture, mineral extraction, loss of species, and so on. In fact, we could make a huge impact on global warming if the current and next generations had only one or two kids.

Peri

------ Original Message ------
From: "Mark Laity-Snyder via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: "Mark Laity-Snyder" <marklai...@yahoo.com>
Sent: 05-May-20 7:07:15 PM
Subject: [EVDL] POTH, Renewables and Nuclear

Ok so I been doing thinking about Planet of the Humans.  I haven't seen it yet
but have read a lot of reviews on it.  What do you folks think?
I also read this
https://www.caradvice.com.au/845775/electric-car-batteries-environmental-cost/
that someone posted.  Sorry I couldn't find who and I watched this Why
renewables can’t save the planet | Michael Shellenberger | TEDxDanubia

|  |  |

|  |
Why renewables can’t save the planet | Michael Shellenberger | TEDxDanubia

Environmentalists have long promoted renewable energy sources like solar panels
and wind farms to save the clima...

What do you guys think about the full life cycle of renewables (solar and wind)
 versus nuclear?  Obviously EVs are still important for transportation but what
about Nuclear for the grid?
I bought solar so I am sold on it for myself.  I can't build a nuclear plant
anyway.  So don't think I am pro Nuclear.
Mark.