From: EV <ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org> On Behalf Of Peri Hartman via EV
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 9:55 AM
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: Peri Hartman <pe...@kotatko.com>
Subject: Re: [EVDL] pack-aging: Tesla has V2G

At some point, we're going to need lots of grid storage. Right now, the mix
of wind and solar is relatively low. But as that increases, we'll need
storage capacity to span non generative periods. During transition, we can
still rely on natural gas power plants and others. Eventually, we'll simply
need storage, and lots of it. There are various forms of storage, such as
hydro, flywheel, hydrogen, or battery.

Having distributed battery storage sounds like a good part of the mix, to
me. Whether they're individually owned or provided by the energy company,
we'll see. Probably a bunch of options will appear. And we'll see a bunch of
different scales of storage: homeowner, business complex, substation, energy
plant.

Peri

<< Want to know about the effects of leaf blowers ?
https://quietcleanseattle.org/ >>