Tom, could you give some specifics on this system, or point us to a web page?

What battery? What inverter?

Thanks, Al

On 5/28/2020 1:24 PM, Thomas Keenan via EV wrote:
Where I live, the local utility has some odd rules, but I do get credited
$0.06968 for each kWh given back to the grid.  I have a permitted 4 kW array
that feeds a Darfon/Panasonic inverter/charger for a 15kWh (useable) battery
that was commissioned in January.  The battery covers times when the panels
aren’t putting out enough to power the house, such as overnight.  Overnight,
the house uses two or three kWh that comes from the battery.  In the morning
the battery recharges, and is typically done charging around 10:30 in the AM.
After that, any excess is sold.

This inverter/battery setup has been working very well.  The battery has not
been below about 50% so far, and that was during a three-day rain event where
the system wasn’t producing much.  Aside from those (somewhat rare) rain
events, I generally have around 10-20 kWh excess that is sold back to the grid
daily.