Plus, if you are using a DC fast charger, the speed of charging drops significantly after you reach 80% charged (sometimes down to the speed of a Level 2 charger!).

So if you can make it to the next charger with only an 80% charge, it's faster to drive off on the next leg of your trip as soon as you reach 80% charged.

Jay