Hi Denis.  I'm not an expert on these matters, so if I say something wrong
here, I trust that someone else will correct me.

In my admittedly limited experience I have found that BMSes always use a
little current from the cells they're monitoring.

I see online that the MiniBMS idle current is 2.2ma.  If your DC:DC
converter was connected and supplying power to the truck's 12v system, that
probably uses yet more current to maintain the body computer, radio presets,
and so on.  On modern vehicles something close to 100ma of parasitic loads
on the 12v bus is not that uncommon.

Accounting for DC:DC losses, that would be about 4ma on a 312v traction
battery.  Add the BMS self-load and you get about 4.5 amp hours per month,
which doesn't seem like it'd be enough to run the battery flat over a
winter.  But you may have had other energy thieves.

The MiniBMS manual also says that "After shutdown due to low cell voltage, a
capacity reserve of approximately 1Ah per 100Ah battery capacity is left in
the battery."  The BMS draw drops to 1.2ma at low cell voltage.  That is 864
mah (.864 ah) per month, so if indeed the truck did run the traction battery
down to its BMS cutoff voltage, another month would just about do it in.

I think that the first step is to see where you stand. You'll need to get to
the individual cells by whatever means, and take a voltage reading from
each.

The vast improvements in range and utility of EVs in just the last few years
have pretty well crushed the value of older used EVs.  This is especially
true of conversions, and yours is really a factory conversion, aka "Electric
Powertrain Option" or EPTO.  OTOH there does seem to be a devoted community
of followers from this vehicle.

My opinion is that if the range and utility still suit your needs, even if
you end up having to replace the battery, you may be better off to try to
fix it.  You could look into replacing the cells with used or new Leaf or
Volt modules.

But before you panic, I suggest that you get to those cells with a voltmeter
and a small parallel load (don't just use a high impedance DMM), and see
what's really going on.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     When I'm asked when there will be enough women on the Supreme
     Court, I say "When there are nine."  People are shocked.  But
     there've been nine men, and nobody's ever raised a question
     about that.

                                            -- Ruth Bader Ginsburg