Maybe I'm missing something, but I think we already have a number that
indicates this factor.  It's the EV's highest charging rating in kW.  I
think that typically that varies from 6.6kW to 100kW or even 200kW.

I guess that doesn't account for different EVs' varying energy consumption,
but really, is that so critical?

Besides, it's not as straightforward as it seems.  For example, by this
scheme a Renault Zoe would be rated 50kW and an EU Tesla 3 170kW.  The Tesla
wins.  Or does it?

The Zoe can charge on AC at 22kW, or on DC at 50kW.  The Tesla 3 can charge
on AC at 11kW, or on DC at 170kW.

If you have only AC charging available, the Zoe wins, unless the AC charging
point tops out at 6.6 or 7.2kW.  Then it's a tie.

If you have DC charging available, the 3 wins, unless the DC charging point
tops out at only 50kW.  Then it's a tie.

When you throw AC vs DC charging point availability and kW limitations into
the mix, I'm not so sure that ANY score would be definitive.

I also agree that labeling this factor "driveability" is a really really bad
idea.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my