Yes Peter VanDerWal (thanks for the reply) I am aware of all that you said.
I was planning on using at least 4 smooth wall tubes that are buried about
10 feet deep with a downward slope away from the house. The earth tubes
will be about 100 feet long, and the soil here is almost pure clay
(southern Louisiana in the Atchafalaya Basin).

A little over a year ago we had a heat source mini-split installed so we
got a jump on being more efficient. The earth tube project has not actually
physically started yet. It’s more of a thinking and study real life
experiences at this point.

Right now I’m more interested in working on the 1951 Chevy pickup (we
actually use pickups as pickups rather than as a manly car). There is a guy
on YouTube who is showing his complete process of moving a 1952 Chevy
pickup onto an S-10 pickup frame. Something like that plus an electric
motor and batteries (not lead acid) is what I have in mind.

Another possible project is converting a riding lawn mower and Mantis
tiller to battery electric. I watch Jehu Garcia a lot. There is never a
shortage of possible projects.

Bobby Keeland
Not a lot of money, but I do have time and interest.