I have both a Tesla Model 3 and a Toyota RAV4-EV. I had an aftermarket CHAdeMO
port added to the RAV so I could access higher speed charging.
I have driven both of them on long distance trips (around 1000 miles RT) and
the differences in charging experience are large. With the RAV, there
is often just one or two charging stations.  About 25% of the time one of the
stations is down or the card reader doesn’t work. You use a RFID card
belonging to the station brand (like the old gas station credit cards).  The
newer stations seem to have a kiosk added so regular credit cards can be
used. You have to read the instructions on the small screens to get the
charging started.  Each brand seems to be different. The connector and cable
are quite large and heavy.

With the Tesla, you simply pull up and plug in. It is much faster and easier.
The station recognizes the car and automagically charges your generic
credit card on file, like the FasTrak system for the toll roads and bridges
here in California.  The cable is much lighter (even though it carries 2-3
times
the amps) and shorter plus the connector is 1/4 the size. It would be much
easier for a disabled person to operate. I rarely find a broken Tesla station
and I find there are usually 10-40 stations at each location. The stations are
usually closer to main highways. Messages are displayed on the car’s large
screen rather than a small screen on the charging station.  You can monitor
progress from inside the car.

In our area, gasoline stations are open 24 hours, but the store and attendant
are only there a much shorter time.  So at night, you can only pay with a
credit card and not cash.

John
John Blair