>> OOps, forgot. My home solar makes the EV charging free...
>> (Well, no, with Grid tie it costs me 14 cents per kWh
>> because that is what each kW is worth that I push back
>> into the grid so using it to charge an EV is 14cents/kWh lost).
>
> Your utility seems to be giving you a GREAT deal.  Though it makes your
> charging appear more expensive than with a lesser deal.  I buy at
> $.10/kwh and sell at $.06/kwh which makes my charging $.06.  OTOH, my
> utility is willing to buy (pay cash) for as much as I can manage to
> produce.  Even at only $.06, I think my payback period is in the range
> of 6-8 years.

You both get great deals.  My electric coop only pays their "avoided costs" for
any surplus electricity (trued up annually), currently that is less than 3
cents per kwh (2.6 the last time I checked).
OTOH I'm still collecting on the PBI we agreed to when I first connected.  That
pays 18.6 cents per kWh produced, regardless of whether I use it or push it to
the grid.  However, that will run out in less than 2 years.

A couple years after that my 'grandfathered' status runs out and I'll be
switched to their new 'solar customer' rates, at that point it will cost me
over $800 a year just for the privilege of being connected to the grid.  iI
figure it will be cheaper to buy some used EV batteries and disconnect, which
is what I plan to do.