Why shouldn't we encourage more law compliance by having any / all self driving cars obey the law?

Instead, we're conceding that the laws are ineffective and need to be changed, if we're adjusting the self-driving cars to be consistent law-breakers like every other driver out there.

We could be setting an example - enough people rear end a Tesla because it *actually stopped* at the stop sign, and maybe more people will stop rolling through stop signs.

Otherwise, if there isn't a purpose to be served by stopping at stop signs, let's remove them  - either altogether or replace them with a Yield.