I know this will sound like sacrilege on EVDL, but does it really make sense to
have battery powered Semitrailer trucks?    Isn't it kind of carryingthings a
little too far?

On a practical note, a lot of electricity is met on the grid with natural gas
generators for demand as they can be spun up and down fairly easily toaccount
for variable production and demand.

 Wouldn't it make more sense to just power the truck itself on Natural Gas and
skip the power lines/grid/demand/chargestations...etc....
It would also save on 10-20,000 lbs of batteries. not require big investments,
much faster "recharge", and believe it or not, diesels can bet easily
retrofitted to use Natural Gas.   (They just aspirate the air intake with nat
gas and still use a small amount of diesel for the "spark".     It'sbeen done
in other countries, but for some reason it's just ignored here in the US.

I was very interested in Natural Gas powered vehicles at one time.      Largely
ignored in the US.
   There are a lot of good reasons (environmentally and economical) to consider
them.

    On Thursday, November 24, 2022, 2:48:27 PM PST, Matthew Pitts via EV