Where can I learn more about this?

    On Monday, December 12, 2022 at 10:29:46 AM PST, (-Phil-) via EV
<ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

 I support over 3000 "unsupported" Teslas with an alternative server system
where I redirect the car to connect to a non-Tesla server I control.  This
allows me to restore the original configuration and prevents Tesla from
further altering the cars without permission, as well as providing an app
that owners can use to have full control of the car and access to all
diagnostic data.  I've been offering this since Tesla started illegally
altering cars to disable supercharging as well as ALL fast charging in
2015.  This means even if you purchased a CHAdeMO adapter, it would not
function on a 3rd party charger.  They 100% refused to re-enable
supercharging on any "unsupported" car, which includes grey-market and
salvage.  (Grey market includes cars exported to other countries.)  They
achieve this by illegally altering the configuration of the car remotely
without the new owner's permission.  (The car controls the fast charging
function)

When the Model 3 and Y were introduced, those models enjoyed supercharging
for several years even if unsupported, mainly because the automated system
used to alter configuration on S and X was totally different from 3/Y.
This was rectified in 2020, and they started disabling all unsupported 3/Y
in 2020, even cars that had been "unsupported" and charging fine for 3
years!
https://electrek.co/2020/02/12/tesla-disables-supercharging-salvaged-vehicles/

You can see this in their official policy document:
https://www.scribd.com/document/425591536/TN-18-00-001-Unsupported-Vehicle-Policy

Recently they have announced they will be "opening up" their supercharger
network to ALL vehicles, and have started trials in Europe.  They will have
to install new stations in the US to enable CCS charging for other
vehicles.  These will contain a CCS whip.  They have also offered their
proprietary standard to other manufacturers:
https://www.tesla.com/blog/opening-north-american-charging-standard

Why?  They want in on the various government funds around the world
designed to facilitate wider installation of fast charging.  However, they
cannot qualify if they are building charging stations that are not open to
all vehicles.  This obviously means they cannot continue to block even
their own vehicles, so they are now "walking back" the unsupported vehicle
charging ban:
https://electrek.co/2022/11/09/tesla-salvage-vehicles-back-supercharger-network/