Graham Perrin wrote:
> easiest navigation, between episodes

OK, I found the examples that I was seeking:
<http://macenterprise.org/content/view/60/42/>
<http://macenterprise.org/content/view/29/42/>
et cetera.

I visualise one Plone training episode per (QuickTime) chapter.

The example <http://tinyurl.com/prolearn-tv-intro-flash> given in my
for three reasons:

1) The combination of movie controller and menu of chapters is highly
effective

 * scrubbing the QuickTime movie controller presents clear and synchronous
navigation through the menu of chapters

 * no movie controller in the Flash production (maybe not possible in 2004?
— I don't know Flash).

2) QuickTime requires fewer clicks

 * QuickTime menu of chapters can be navigated from top to bottom with a
single mouse click (press-move-release)

 * KMi Stadium XO 2004 example require multiple mouse clicks if there are
more than a few items in the menu.

3) Faster delivery (greater network compatibility)

 * the normal route to the Flash production
<http://stadium.open.ac.uk/stadia/preview.php?s=32&whichevent=461> may
require a few minutes' wait ("trying port 443 please wait…", " trying port
80 please wait…", "trying HTTP Tunnelling please wait…", "trying port 1935
please wait…") — depending on one's network environment and most noticeable
when (as now) I work from home

 * shortcut <http://tinyurl.com/prolearn-tv-intro-flash> works first time
(for me; YMMV)

 * I guess that more modern Flash will be more compatible.

The two QuickTime examples were also produced in 2004 -- before the change
of organisation from MacOSXLabs.org to MacEnterprise.org. Anomalies, if any,
with these examples might be attributed to their age or to the site/server
reorganisation.

Regards
Graham