On 11/5/2008 8:42 PM, Howard Butler wrote:
I have edited the RFC to no longer denigrate Plone.

Thanks, Howard.

I'll continue to work with you offline about this. It's not about Plone at this point. It's about community. MapServer needs a responsive community. Putting up a community site doesn't build community. And you have plenty of people. The new RFC says you have 3000 people on your mailing list. The challenge is how to make 3000 contributors out of them. Plone has been doing a pretty good job with this. Maybe there are some ideas from that experience which would work for MapServer.

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway
http://www.secoora.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530