I'm working on a feature (https://github.com/jekyll/jekyll/pull/5142) for
the Jekyll static site generator.  I'm using EventMachine to run a
WebSockets server (em-websockets).  Unfortunately, I'm having an issue with
eventmachine's native extensions on Windows in the Jekyll CI environment.
I'm getting an error, "Encryption not available on this event-machine".
I've read
https://github.com/eventmachine/eventmachine/wiki/Building-EventMachine and
I believe I'm linking to OpenSSL and getting the native extensions compiled
but I am still seeing the same error:

bundle exec gem pristine eventmachine
Restoring gems to pristine condition...
Restored eventmachine-
bundle exec gem install eventmachine --platform ruby --
Temporarily enhancing PATH to include DevKit...
Building native extensions with: '--with-ssl-dir=C:/OpenSSL-Win32'
This could take a while...
Successfully installed eventmachine-
Parsing documentation for eventmachine-
Installing ri documentation for eventmachine-
Done installing documentation for eventmachine after 7 seconds
1 gem installed
ruby --version
ruby 2.3.1p112 (2016-04-26 revision 54768) [i386-mingw32]
gem --version
bundler --version
Bundler version 1.13.3
bash ./script/cibuild
+ ruby -S bundle exec rake TESTOPTS=--profile test
C:/Ruby23/bin/ruby.exe -w -I"lib;lib;test"
"test/**/test_*.rb" --profile
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
what(): Encryption not available on this event-machine
rake aborted!
Command failed with status (3): [ruby -w -I"lib;lib;test"
"test/**/test_*.rb" --profile]

As you can see, after a `bundle install`, I'm running `bundle pristine` and
then `bundle exec gem install` with the appropriate flags as mentioned in
the wiki article I linked earlier.  Using `bundler config` to add the
arguments did not seem to make an difference at all for me.  In addition to
the log reporting that the native extensions are built, I can also see an
`ssl.o` file in the `ext` directory of the evenmachine gem.

If anyone has any additional insight into what "Encryption not available on
this event-machine" means or if there's a better way to tell if
eventmachine linked successfully to OpenSSL, I'd appreciate some help!

"EventMachine" group.
to eventmachine+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/eventmachine.