On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Salve J Nilsen <s...@pvv.org> wrote:
> Hi!
> The guys organizing the Nordic Perl Workshop 2010 in Reykjavik have accepted
> my 20 minute talk-proposal! :)

I am very happy for this. I think we should give such talks on the
other Workshops as well and on the YAPCs too.

> My intention is to give people a report of what's happened, the motivation
> of the effort, who's who, how people can help, and perhaps throw out some
> ideas that can make people think a litte extra about the issues we're
> facing...
> In the meantime, I'd love to have some thoughts from yu guys on specific
> points I should mention/cover!
> I was at FOSDEM in Brussels so I have an idea of how that went, and I've
> read the reports from Cebit, but I'm sure there's more to be said.
> Any takers? :)

Tell them they don't have to lie under the title "marketing" nor do
they have to convince anyone about the superiority of Perl.
It is enough just to talk about the things they like, show enthusiasm
(if there is) and make strangers feel comfortable.

You could check out where the people who attend NPW come from
and prepare a list of events in the neighborhood adding them to
so you can already encourage people to participate in the specific events.

Alternatively, or in addition you could ask them to give you ideas of
more events in the places where they live.