Gabor Szabo said:
On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Salve J Nilsen <s...@pvv.org> wrote:

The guys organizing the Nordic Perl Workshop 2010 in Reykjavik have accepted my 20 minute talk-proposal! :)

I'd love to have some thoughts on specific points I should mention/cover.

Tell them they don't have to lie under the title "marketing" nor do they have to convince anyone about the superiority of Perl. It is enough just to talk about the things they like, show enthusiasm (if there is) and make strangers feel comfortable.

I have no intention of pampering to the "marketing" stigma at all, actually (think "It's not about marketing, it's about raising awareness!" :)

But yeah, the point is to give the attendees a picture of what's going on, and perhaps a reason to help when they have the opportunity.

You could check out where the people who attend NPW come from and prepare a list of events in the neighborhood adding them to http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl5/index.cgi?events so you can already encourage people to participate in the specific events.

Will do. I'll mention the people who have edited that page too.

Do we have pictures (portraits?) of the different contributors?

Alternatively, or in addition you could ask them to give you ideas of more events in the places where they live.

Or send them to that page to help out. :)

- Salve

--
#!/usr/bin/perl
sub AUTOLOAD{$AUTOLOAD=~/.*::(\d+)/;seek(DATA,$1,0);print#  Salve Joshua Nilsen