Robert:
> but my view is that consciousness
> does'nt need descretization to function.

Yes, I think we agree here.  But I must admit, I am at a loss as to imagine what
non-discrete might be.

> It's more likely that a more fluid view
> of the universe is the accurate model.

Why?

If we cannot formally implement "fluid" or "continuum", then these will forever be out
of our reach.  We might as well give up.

We may have *descriptions* of the continuum.  But they are just descriptions... and
remain, finite.

I stand by my original claim:

Any successful human Theory of Everything must recognize the discrete nature of the
human intellect, and our inability to express or engage the continuum in any
meaningful way.

Joel