Please define "discreteness".

If you mean elements are seperately held entities, I
disagree. I think langauge imposes the requirement to
be discrete to develop a social-language strata in
consciousness, but my view is that consciousness
does'nt need descretization to function. It's more
likely that a more fluid view of the universe is the
accurate model.

Robert W.

--- Joel Dobrzelewski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi George:
> > You say that you believe that our universe is
> discrete. I agree with
> > this... but I believe that discreteness is itself
> a mystery. Why
> > discrete? It may very well be that discreteness is
> a necessary
> > condition for consciousness and therefore
> anthropically driven.
> Discreteness necessary for consciousness? I don't
> see why.
> But our minds do appear to be discrete - and
> therefore, the continuum will
> forever be unknown to us.  Discreteness may simply
> be a fact of life (for
> humans anyway).  And so it seems to me that any
> successful human "theory of
> everything" must acknowledge this.
> > We perceive a discrete world, but the number of
> variations in the MW
> > may very well be continuous since this
> characteristics does not seem
> > to affect consciousness. Thus discreteness may be
> just a constraint
> > on the plenitude imposed by our consciousness.
> Well if the continuum doesn't affect our minds, then
> we needn't consider it.
> We will never experience it, so for us... it doesn't
> exist.
> Joel

Do You Yahoo!?