Joel Dobrzelewski wrote:
> I stand by my original claim:
> Any successful human Theory of Everything must recognize the discrete nature of the
>human intellect, and our inability to express or engage the continuum in any
>meaningful way.

That is a particularly extreme way of putting it. All descriptions
must be discrete, but this doesn't mean the continuum is not
engaged. For one thing, it does not require a discrete space
time. There are plenty of examples of non-discrete countable sets (eg
the rational numbers), and plenty of examples of discrete descriptions
of continuous objects, albeit incomplete ones.

Dr. Russell Standish                     Director
High Performance Computing Support Unit, Phone 9385 6967
UNSW SYDNEY 2052                         Fax   9385 6965
Room 2075, Red Centre