Hal Ruhl wrote:

> Dear George:
>
> Upon further reflection I am of the opinion that the antipodal nature of
> the Everything and the Nothing in my set of ideas may impose a small amount
> of information into each sufficient to hold the two antipodal truths:
>
> Pole #1: Nothing? => true.
> Pole #2: Everything? => true.
>
> I believe that Russell Standish once expressed the idea the Nothing held
> one bit of information.

Yes, although I don't necessarily hold that idea any more. It was just
a woolly way of saying that perhaps the Nothing had even more
information than the Everything.

                                                Cheers

>  From here the way to no information is to alternate between the two poles
> as I have proposed  for other stability reasons.  Thus the E/N system in
> total has no net information.
>
> This seems an interesting notion.
>
> Hal

Dr. Russell Standish                     Director
High Performance Computing Support Unit, Phone 9385 6967, 8308 3119 (mobile)
UNSW SYDNEY 2052                         Fax   9385 6965, 0425 253119 (")