The information is contained within the Anthropic Principle
itself. Resource constraints that any observer must have impose a bias
towards simpler descriptions - that is the thrust of Alistair's and my
argument. Without the AP, the Everything is indeed devoid of any
structure whatsoever. I never understood why you persevere in denying
a place for the AP.

                                                Cheers

H J Ruhl wrote:

> Dear Alastair:
>
> I think you still miss the thrust of my comment.
>
> As directly as I can say it:
>
> The Everything is the ensemble of all counterfactuals.
> The counterfactuals cancel out resulting in no information in the Everything.
> The Everything and the Nothing are cancelling counterfactuals and thus are
> in the ensemble.
> The Everything is a member of itself.
>
> So:
>
> The Everything contains infinitely many [uncountably so] nested copies of
> itself.   Thus it contains an uncountable number of logical venues [its
> nested selves].
>
> Therefore:
>
> All types of universes are present an uncountably infinite number of times
> in any of the nested Everythings.
>
> That is there is no preponderance [an extrinsic property of a universe]
> information in keeping with a definition of an Everything as information free.
>
> This seems to comply with NAP since the logical reason for the above is to
> maintain the zero information mantra.
>
> Either there is a reason why we are in this kind of universe beyond pure
> chance or there is not.  If there is then where did that information come
> from if there is no information in the ensemble?
>
> Hal
>

> At 2/20/02, you wrote:
> >The condition given at the start of the appendix is of one copy per
> >(logically possible) unit combination. Section 2 of the paper deals with
> >the various possible cases of copies.
> >
> >Alastair

Dr. Russell Standish                     Director
High Performance Computing Support Unit, Phone 9385 6967, 8308 3119 (mobile)
UNSW SYDNEY 2052                         Fax   9385 6965, 0425 253119 (")