At 11/21/02, you wrote:

The clockwork
universe was shown to be wrong with Qunatum Mechanics. My gut feeling
is that the computer universe will also be shown to be wrong.
In my view there are two types of universes. Type 1 have internal rules of state succession that are like computers - UD's and the like could generate them. Type 2 have rules that have a degree of "do not care" in determining the valid next state and this "do not care" component is a channel to an external random oracle. However, I attempt to show in my approach that Type 1 are also subject to the external random oracle but the channel differs.

This means that all universes have open logic systems and can have exploding cows and other white rabbit events.

I believe ours to be a Type 2 universe with a rule set that allows few rabbit events of a macro nature and many of a micro nature.

I suspect that in some aspects we agree. I also think that Bruno's UDA to the extent I think I understand it is a candidate for one of a Type 1 universe's channels to the external random oracle. I believe Juergen's work to be a candidate for the rule set of some Type 1 universes.

However, I see no bias towards one type or the other in terms of quantity or in terms of any any other system wide measure.

Hal