At 09:41 27/01/05 +0000, Brent Meeker wrote:

> [...]

This seems doubtful to me.  A mind (all minds we know of) think of themselves
as associated with a body and they are so associated.  As I understand your
"comp hypothesis" it is that a mind-body can fork into two or more mind-body
pairs - but it's no longer the same mind; so the relation is still one-to-one.

Brent Meeker

Only after the forking. Before it is, from a measure point of view, as if you were
simultaneously in two equivalent computations (without this no interference-like
phenomena would ever be possible). Remember the Y = II law. A forking leads
two a multiplication of the computational history.