Jonathan Colvin writes:

While I'm a supporter of Tegmark's Ultimate Ensemble, I think it is by no
means clear that just because everything that can happen does happen, there
will necessarily be a world where everyone becomes omniscient, or lives for
ever, or spends their entire life dressed in a pink rabbit outfit.
"Everything that can happen does happen" is not synonymous with "everything
we can imagine happening does happen". Worlds where we live forever or
become omniscient or are born dressed in a pink rabbit suit may not be
*logically possible* worlds. Just as there is no world in the multiverse
where 2+2=5, there may be no worlds in the multiverse where I live forever
or spend my entire life dressed in a pink rabbit suit.

Jonathan Colvin

I don't see this at all. It is not logically possible that there is a world where 2+2=5 (although there are lots of worlds where everyone shares the delusion that 2+2=5, and for that matter worlds where everyone shares the delusion that 2+2=4 while in actual fact 2+2 does equal 5), but how is it logically impossible that you live your whole life in a pink rabbit suit? If anything, I would rate such worlds as at least on a par with the ones where pigs fly, and certainly more common than the ones where Hell freezes over.

--Stathis Papaioannou

SEEK: Now with over 80,000 dream jobs! Click here: http://ninemsn.seek.com.au?hotmail