Le 18-avr.-05, à 09:04, Jonathan Colvin a écrit :

I was asking the question in the context of Tegmark's UE (by which all and
only structures that exist mathematically exist physically), and whether it
has relevance to the existence of all possible things. Frankly I'm not sure
that Godel is relevant in that context; but then I'm not sure that it's
irrelevant either. In this context statements like the descriptions of the
states of cellular automata *can* be seen as describing arithmetical truths.
No?

That's correct. Any relative description of anything digital can be seen as describing some arithmetical truth.