Le 23-juil.-05, à 06:20, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Colin Hales) a écrit :

That's my handle on the relationship between mathematical models and reality. It's been a useful way of thinking for me and I commend it to you for a little amusement.

Just a subtle point: if you say "YES" to the comp-doctor, the artificial brain you get is supposed not to model you, but to emulate you. This asks for a quite strong act of faith, making comp closer to theology than science in the usual sense of the word. But then it gives a rational theology in which you can make sharable reasonings and derive testable propositions (and that's also called sciences, traditionally).