From: "Bruno Marchal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Everything-List List" <everything-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2005 10:54 AM
Subject: Rép : subjective reality

". . . The next millenia?  It will be "pschhht!" or, something like an
uncontrollable creative big bang, from what I smell from comp."

To be alive, or conscious, or even just consistent always entail the possibility of being dead or inconsistent soon or later. To be alive is necessary to be in a fragile state. My version of Godel theorem for babies illustrates already this: it is when you stand up that you can fall. I don't know if we are divine creature, but by comp we can already say that IF we are divine creature we can only be hypothetical. We would be divine *hypotheses*, and we would be infinitely wrong to take our existence as granted. In particular such a contempt would lead us to the fall, and like the dinosaurs we would disappear (the pschhhht). If our modesty prevails we will continue to grow and multiply. For purely economical reason we will, or those who bet on comp will, live in virtual reality on computers that Robots will develop in Space and we will extend ourself in the galaxy. Humanity will perhaps divide into those who will "take refuge" at the center of the galaxy in or on its main black hole using his surface as a sort of quantum computer and into those who will escape the galaxy, and explore other galaxies. But all this is a little too much "third person", when in reality, like always, first person reality will prevail and grow much faster than anything 3-person describable. And this of course I cannot describe. We will always feel incomplete and always feel there is something more to say or to do. Many will have bigger brain, but other will have lesser brain and learn to control amnesic path or how to born again without dying, and how to fuse identities and personalities.
Of course if YD is shown false, forget what I say.