Le 27-nov.-05, à 02:18, Kim Jones a écrit :

The search for a "consistent meaning to life" is then the search for certainty about that pattern one recognises as the 1st person experience, or the self. I assume that this is not so much for confirmation of solipsism but for the knowledge that our pattern counts for something amongst all the others. A kind of emotional relativity if you will.

And that can be explained in some Darwinian way (once we postulated some amount of consistency around us).

OK I should have read the two posts. I think I understand better what you are aiming to.