On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 03:39:58PM +0100, Bruno Marchal wrote:
> Observation is implicitly defined here by measurement capable of
> selecting alternatives on which we are able to bet (or to gamble ?).
> The french word is "parier".

Well at least this isn't a problem of translation. But I still have
difficulty in understanding why Pp=Bp & -B-p should be translated into
English as "to bet on p" (or for that matter pourquoi on devrait
le traduire par "a parier a p")

For me Bp & -B-p is simply a statement of consistency - perhaps what
we mean by mathematical truth.

may safely ignore this attachment.