Le 05-janv.-06, à 04:10, Stathis Papaioannou a écrit :

Quentin Anciaux writes:

Le Mercredi 4 Janvier 2006 19:21, Brent Meeker a écrit :

> Theism is the belief that the world was created by a single omnipotent, > superhuman agent who cares about human behavoir and intervenes in worldly
> events.
>
> Is that your theory??
>
> Brent Meeker
> Atheism is not a religion, just as a vacant lot is not a type of
> building, and health is not a form of sickness.  Atheism is not a
> religion.
>    --- Jim Heldberg, San Francisco Atheist Coordinator

Atheïsm is a religion as I would say any metaphysical theories... (which are only set of beliefs... if not they are falsifiable and enter the realm of
"physical" theories/science.

Atheism is not science in that it is not falsifiable... Atheïsm is composed of dogma "negation of the existence of any god/suprem being" and is a set of
beliefs and as such fit well in the religion category.

Atheism means, from the Greek, "without God" or "without a belief in God".

I would like to insist, because it could be the root of the problem with the word "theology". Atheism is the belief that God does not exist, and is always relative to some chosen notion of God. Agnosticism is the lack of belief in God. I believe atheism and belief in God have much more in common than is usually thought. Agnosticism is very different from both atheism and any sort of "religious" belief.

It is like saying you don't believe in fairies, or Santa Claus. Of course, Santa Claus may well live at the North Pole, and hide whenever anyone goes there to look: no reasonable person could deny that, but no reasonable person would entertain it as a real possibility, either.

Sure.