From: "Tom Caylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Everything List" <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 12:13 PM
Subject: Re: Only Existence is necessary?

snip

I've been thinking about Platonia lately.  I've just finished reading
John Barrow's "Pi in the Sky" book, and he seems to have gotten wrapped
around the axle in regard to mathematics and Platonia.  I think that
mathematics is not primarily about numbers.  Mathematics is about
invariance.  Invariance is not about any *thing* (existence)
specifically.  Perhaps this thought can shed light on this somehow?