----- Original Message -----
From: "Brent Meeker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2006 2:54 PM
Subject: Re: A calculus of personal identity

Bruno Marchal wrote:

> Le 01-juil.-06, à 19:54, Brent Meeker a écrit :
>

>>Sure it is.  Just because something cannot be directly experienced
>>doesn't rule it out of a
>>scienctific model: quarks can't be observed, but their effects can.

Brent:
what gives you the right to "assume" a non experienceable quark as
described,
and 'assign' some observation (rather: math. conclusion) to "IT"?
Only after eliminating ALL (possible and impossible in our view) other cases
that might have led to the effect assigned to  "quarks" quae non sunt.
This is the very method by which conventional science arrives at paradoxes.
Sorry for the outburst, please read it in a mild tune of voice.
Thank you

John M