1Z wrote:

>Jesse Mazer wrote:
>
> > But "natural laws" are usually taken to be contingent, we can imagine
> > possible worlds where they are different--can you have "supervenience"
>under
> > logical laws, or any other laws which must be the same in all possible
> > worlds?
>
>natural laws ae the same in all naturally possible worlds.

True, but when philosophers talk about "possible worlds" they are almost
always using a broader notion than possibility under the laws of
physics--any world that does not contain a logical or mathematical
impossibility, or any other type of incoherence in its description, is
viewed as a possible world.

Jesse