Bruno Marchal writes:

> Le 07-août-06, à 15:52, W. C. a écrit :
>

> >> From: Bruno Marchal
> >> Comp says that there is a level of description of yourself such that
> >> you
> >> survive through an emulation done at that level. But the UD will
> >> simulate
> >> not only that level but all level belows. So comp makes the following
> >> prediction: if you look at yourself or at you neighborhood
> >> sufficiently
> >> close enough, you can in principle detect, indirectly, (by computing
> >> the
> >> relative comp histories) the presence of all the sublevel
> >> computations.
> >
> > Are you talking about meditation?
>

> Not at all. I mean it in the operational physical sense. Like observing
> your hand with a microscope, or looking closely to the "path" of an
> electron.

Could you say more about this? If you examine an object more and more
closely you see more and more detail, and I understand that you have other
arguments suggesting that this is all due to the ensemble of computations
underpinning the physical reality, but are you suggesting that the fact that
you can observe these levels is *by itself* evidence for these levels and
sublevels of computation?

Stathis Papaioannou