Bruno Marchal wrote in explaining Maudlin's argument:

"For any given precise running computation associated to some inner experience, you
can modify the device in such a way that the amount of physical activity involved is
arbitrarily low, and even null for dreaming experience which has no inputs and no outputs.
Now, having suppressed that physical activity present in the running computation, the
machine will only be accidentally correct. It will be correct only for that precise computation,
with unchanged environment. If it is changed a little bit, it will make the machine running
computation no more relatively correct. But then, Maudlin ingenuously showed that
counterfactual correctness can be recovered, by adding non active devices which will be
triggered only if some (counterfactual) change would appear in the environment.

I believe the argument is erroneous. Maudlin's argument reminds me of the fallacy in Maxwell's demon.

To reduce the machine's complexity Maudlin must perform a modicum of analysis, simulation etc.. to predict how the machine performs in different situations. Using his newly acquired knowledge, he then  maximally reduces the machine's complexity for one particular task, keeping the machine fully operational for all other tasks. In effect Maudlin has surreptitiously inserted himself in the mechanism. so now, we don't have just the machine but we have the machine plus Maudlin. The machine is not simpler or not existent. The machine is now Maudlin!

In conclusion, the following conclusion reached by Maudlin and Bruno is fallacious.

"Now this shows that any inner experience can be associated with an arbitrary low (even null) physical
activity, and this in keeping counterfactual correctness. And that is absurd with the
conjunction of both comp and materialism."
Maudlin's argument cannot be used to state that "any inner experience can be associated with an arbitrary low (even null) physical activity." Thus it is not necessarily true that comp and materialism are incompatible.

I think the paradox can be resolved by tracing how information flows and Maudlin is certainly in the circuit, using information, just like Maxwell's demon is affecting entropy.

George