Bruno -

It appears that you and I have essential agreement on our higher-level

But I don't know much about your "comp" so I'll begin reading.

- Jef
Bruno Marchal wrote:

> With increasing context of self-awareness, subjective values > increasingly resemble principles of the physical universe.

Apparently you are even more optimistic than me. I just wish you are correct here. It is fuzzy because the term "resemble" is fuzzy.

Yes, I was writing in broad strokes, just to give you the pattern, but
not the detail that has been mentioned earlier.  Humanity certainly
could be within an evolutionary cul de sac.

Since all events are the result of interactions following
the laws of the physical universe,

Hmmm... It is out of topic, but I don't believe this at all. Better I can show to you that if "I" (or "You") are turing-emulable, then all events, including the apparition and the development of the physical laws are the result of the relation between numbers.

For the sake of my argument I might better have said that all
interactions seem to follow a consistent set of rules (which we see as
the laws of the physical universe.  It seems that you have some theory
of a more fundamental layer having to do with numbers.

I'll take a look.

- Jef
To post to this group, send email to