Tom Caylor writes:

It is the ultimate irony that Jesus was taken to be blaspheming when he
said he was "one with the Father" and "before Abraham was, I AM", for
"no one can say that they are God"..... the mistake is the missing
phrase at the end: "...except God".

Yes, but what if Jesus was not God? He would then have been lying or deluded, and blaspheming as well in the eyes of Jews, Muslims etc. I have met many peopel who thought they were Jesus. Once, we had two Jesuses on the ward at the same time. We thought they might get into a fight, but in an appropriately holy manner they both walked around smiling and blessing everyone. They even forgave the staff for disbelieving and giving them medication. I have to admit, they were nice people, and others could learn from their example. But they were deluded.

Stathis Papaioannou

To post to this group, send email to