Le 14-mars-07, à 07:48, Kim Jones a écrit :

> Lurking, lurking...
> This thread started I believe with Tom's 3 magnificent questions,
> aeons ago on my birthday last year.
> Thankee, Tom
> A little refresher now:
> On 31/12/2006, at 8:25 AM, Tom Caylor wrote:
>> Besides the question of how meaning relates to this List, the question
>> of meaning itself can be asked at several different levels, so I'll
>> list a few:
>> 1) Why does the universe exist?  Why is there something rather than
>> nothing?
>> 2) Why do human beings in general exist?
>> 3) Why do I exist?

1) We don't know. But assuming the consistency of elementary
arithmetic, we can explain why machines will develop exactly such
questions. Assuming moreover comp, we can know why *we* are such
questions, and why we believe in universes.

2) because all lobian (not necessarily consistent) machine exists.

3) this is equivalent with: "why am I in Washington" after a self
Washington/Moscow duplication. Or, why do I observed a spin up, after a
preparation in the complementary base. Here again, with just elementary
arithmetic we can explain where such question come from, and with comp,
we can explain why we ask and why we will never get an answer. Even a
God cannot explain that!