On Mar 14, 9:44 am, "Stathis Papaioannou" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 3/14/07, Kim Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It is
> conceivable that the physical world might not exist, or God not exist, or
> God exist but not make the physical world, but it is not conceivable that
> circles or integers or the UD not exist as mathematical objects.

In what sense 'not conceivable'?  I don't find it hard to conceive of
mathematical objects not existing, given that nothing else does
either. 'Nothing else' here simply but radically entails that whatever
you say you can 'conceive', my response is 'not that either'. This
'nothing' precisely is the nothing from which *nothing* can come. Our
own existence contingently rules it out, which is what makes it so
hard to think about.  Such a 'possibility', being in fact necessary in
'all possible worlds', paradoxically abolishes the conceiver at the
moment of conception.

David