Le 02-oct.-07, à 01:30, Stathis Papaioannou a écrit :

> On 02/10/2007, Vladimir Nesov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Also single mind can be regarded as collection of parts interacting
>> with each other. If each part can be regarded as its information
>> content, each physical implementation ties together instantiations of
>> parts. If single mind can be implemented by multiple implementations,
>> each of these implementations also implements all parts of mind, so
>> mind can be composed of different parts, where each of the parts is
>> implemented in different universe. So, brain can be half- p-zombie and
>> half-conscious.
>
> I don't see in what sense it could be a single mind if part of it is
> zombified. If your visual cortex were unconscious, you would be blind,
> and you would know you were blind. (Except for unusual situations like
> Anton's Syndrome, where people don't realise that they're blind).

I guess you are meaning: "if your visual cortex were non functioning,
you would be blind".
It does not make sense to say that a part of the brain (including the
whole brain) is unconscious.
I am not even sure it is relevant to talk about a conscious mind,
although it is a less grave lapsus: only persons are thinking. "Mind"
is a so general word that we can almost say anything about it.

All this is still coherent with the idea that there is in the brain
some locus specialized into the working of consciousness. Again it does
not mean that such a locus is conscious. Consciousness is an
integrating unity building making it possible for a subject to
anticipate quickly its relative reality-neighborhood. Very useful for
self-moving bodies.