Hi Russell:

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 09:35:47PM -0500, Hal Ruhl wrote:

>> Hi Russell:

>>>An OM is a state of a machine. In as far as the machine is embedded
>>>in space, the the OM is spread across space. Successive OMs involve
>>>state change,
>
>>In my model a universe is an incomplete entity [a Something or a Nothing]
>>within the Everything [the ALL(s) + the Nothing(s)[nesting provides the
>>multiplicity]] that is driven towards completeness by un-resolvable
>>meaningful [to that entities current state] questions that require
>>resolution. I suppose this constitutes a "machine".
>
>>I wonder if these conclusions - [machines/dynamics] - indeed impose the
>>property of having space like aspects on the Everything in addition to
time
>>like aspects? Further - would that in turn give it a wider "physical"
>>matrix?
>

>Its not obvious to me. What is your reasoning?

As I understand your Theory of Nothing book the "Everything" in it has or at
least contains time like components [time postulate].  I agree but
apparently for a different reason.
In your reply to Jason you allowed that the OM "machine" [our "machines"
also apparently differ] could have an extent in space as well.  This seems
to require the Everything to have space like aspects.  Actually if it
contains one dimension in a real sense to avoid selection it should contain
more.  If it has time and space aspects what prevents it from having
material aspects? Until now I had felt that the Everything did not require
space or material aspects but I am reconsidering the possibility.

>>>Of course this finite amount of time will be
>>>observer dependent,
>
>>How do you mean that. I do not see that state dwell duration differs
within
>>a given universe.  I also do not see a fixed value even for a particular
>>universe.

>Sounds like you're having a bob each way here...

As I understand your response to Jason you allow two different observers [a
fly and a human] in the same universe to have different OM durations and I
do not see this. Perhaps I do not understand your response. Did you intend
to have them in the same universe?

Yours

Hal Ruhl

Mathematics