On Nov 21, 2008, at 10:33 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
> So let us suppose that poor Alice got, again, a not very good optical
> plane graph, so that some (1 to many to all, again) NOR gates break
> down, in that precise computation corresponding to her dream
> experience. And let us project, in real time, with the correct
> scaling, the movie we have made, on the graph, playing its role of a
> repeatable lucky rays generator.

Is the movie causally interacting with the gates? In other words, is
the light from the movie projector stimulating gates when the lasers
fail to?

> In the ALL gates broken case, we have really, *only a movie* of
> Alice's brain activity. Does consciousness arise from the projection
> of that movie?

Once again, is the movie supposed to be triggering any working
machinery in the graph? Or could you just as easily project it
somewhere else that point?

-- Kory