Le 24-nov.-08, à 02:39, Russell Standish a écrit :

> On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 03:59:02PM +0100, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>>>
>>> I would side with Kory that a looked up recording of conscious
>>> activity is not conscious.
>>

>> I agree with you. The point here is just that MEC+MAT implies it.
>>

> This I don't follow. I would have thought it implies the opposite.

MGA 1 shows that MEC+MAT implies lucky Alice is conscious (during the
exam). OK?
MGA 2 shows that MEC+MAT implies Alice is dreaming (and thus conscious)
when the film is projected. OK?
I take the "looked recording" as identical (with respect to the
reasoning) with a projection of the movie.

Of course I don't believe that a projection of a filmed computation is
conscious 'qua computatio". It is so absurd that sometimes I end the
Movie Graph Argument here. I mean I consider this equivalent to false,
and thus as enough for showing COMP+MAT implies false.
MGA 3 is intended for those who believes that the movie can be
conscious qua computatio.