Hi Stathis,

>> It is at least conceivable that the collection of particles that is me
>> could undergo some environmental interaction such that *all* the
>> following entangled branches decohere into states that do *not* map to
>> the emergent class of "me, being conscious."  Then I would be dead.
>
> It seems possible, but in that case the QTI would be wrong. Also, it
> isn't clear that the MWI says that everything that can happen, does
> happen, even though that is how it is sometimes characterised.

Indeed, that is what Jonathan (I guess) and I (definitely) have been
arguing.

In fact, I am quite sure that MWI in it's current form implies that not
everything (a priori physically plausible) happens - interference of
histories is (I think) showing us that.

With COMP it is not so clear.

Best Wishes,
Günther