Jack,

You say "Q_i (which is _your_ utility per unit measure for the observer i)."
 This is an oxymoron. How can observer i know or care what YOUR Q
(Quality) is? How can this observer feel what it feels being you?. The
only observer that matters in evaluating your Q is you as a
self-observer. The sum is no sum at all:

U = M_o Q_o  where o = you as observer.

George