On 31 July, 10:03, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
> On 31 Jul 2009, at 10:32, 1Z wrote (to David):
>
> > But you haven't said what the problem is in the emergence of the
> > mental
> > from the physical
>
> It is usually called the mind-body problem. There are many good book
> on the subject.

There are many bad solutions too. Finding a good solution
means having an exat grasp of the problem, not saying in some
vague way that mind and matter are different things.

> My own work is partially a reformulation of that problem (and
> partially a beginning of a solution), when taking Mechanism seriously
> into account.
>
> Tell us which step in UDA you have a problem of understanding with.
> Give us a number between 1 and 8, and a justification. OK?

I don't have a problem in understanding anything. I have  a problem
in granting Platonism. Without Platonism, there is no UDA "just
there".
wihout a UDA there are no generated minds, without generated minds
there is no illusory matter. At best you have an alternative to
materalism-realism,
not a disproof of it.